- Last month, Trump took aim at India’s 150% tariff on imported whiskey .
- Washington announced last year that it would review India’s eligibility for the GSP program, after complaints from US dairy farmers and medical device manufacturers that India’s tariffs had hurt their exports.
- Ross, the US commerce secretary, visits India as trade tensions between the two countries are escalating.
- The United States Trade Representative declined to comment on India’s potential removal from the GSP, and India’s Ministry of Commerce did not respond to requests for comment.
- Amazon and Walmart feel the pain
Restrictions on two of America’s biggest companies could serve as another major sticking point in trade talks.
Read full article: cnn.com