- AHMEDABAD: Gujaratis may have earned a reputation of being top-class entrepreneurs and businessmen, but in startup scenario, the state has yet to prove its acumen – none of the Indian unicorns (startups having market valuation of $1 billion or above) such as Ola, Zomato , Swiggy, PayTM, PolicyBazaar and OYO, are based in Gujarat .
- The five-day training is imparted at Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) where faculties are taught aspects such as identifying a good idea, training students in thinking out of the box, different sources of funding, making a better market pitch, identifying the right incubation and connecting market need with the research.
- ” It’s part of the overall initiative to strengthen the ecosystem comprising of policy, incubation, funding support and market access,” he said.
- Focus is on creating faculty mentors who can develop new ideas.
Read full article: timesofindia.indiatimes.com
- While working as a patents analyst in Gurugram, Arun spent his weekends visiting primary health centres, community health centres, as well as super-specialty hospitals, trying to understand where he could make a difference.
- Keyar is a non-invasive cardiotocography (CTG) device to monitor the heart rate of a baby in the mother’s womb, as well as the uterine contractions of the mother-to-be.
- Arun then approached St John’s Medical College Hospital in Bengaluru for a study to compare it with the global gold standard.
- DAKSH makes life easier for midwivesThe WHO guidelines stipulate that hospitals must monitor and record an expectant mother’s uterine contractions as well as the baby’s heart rate during labour and put this into a chart, called a partograph.
- Arun had noticed that nurses in the labour ward at government hospitals and health centres were often stretched for time.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- Slamming the ” hollow” promises of the NDA government, Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Sunday said his party, if elected to power, would allow anyone to start a business without permits or clearances and offer a tax holiday for the first three years.
- Terming Karnataka as India’s start-up hub, Mr Gandhi told the gathering that his party’s manifesto also promised to provide incentives, tax credits and easy bank loans based on how many jobs an entrepreneur or a company create.
- Angel tax is levied on premium paid on investments in startups and unlisted firms to curb ” laundering” under the Income Tax Act, as their valuations increase despite stagnant or declining revenues.
- Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi of taking money of the ordinary citizens by making them stand in queues for days during demonetization in November 2016, the Congress chief said the party’s revolutionary Nyay scheme would remonetize India, by crediting in the bank accounts of 25 crore people Rs 6,000 per month or Rs 72,000 per year for 5 years.
Read full article: ndtv.com