- For the programme, T-Hub will be working with Bharat Dynamics Limited and is all set to sign a memorandum of understanding in the next few days
- In order to provide impetus to startups working in the defence space, the Ministry of Defence in partnership with defence PSUs has selected 44 startups for the defence incubator programme.
- Once the MoU is in place, about 4-5 startups from the 44 selected startups will be housed in T-Hub to work on innovations and products in the defence space.
Read full article: telanganatoday.com
- Fresh food brand iD Fresh Food has ventured into the US market with its South Indian-style filter coffee.
- The company had launched the same in India and the UAE last year.iD
- Co-founder and CEO of iD Fresh- PC MusthafaCommenting on the new venture, Musthafa PC, CEO and
Read full article: yourstory.com
- Now, the Silicon Valley and startup hub of India has more access to Slovakia as the country has unveiled its visa application centre in Bengaluru.
- This visa application centre is one of the three VFS Global centres launched across India, providing Slovakia visa services, with the other two located in Mumbai and Delhi.
- Prior to this centre being launched, applicants had to travel to New Delhi to submit their applications at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in New Delhi.
Read full article: traveldailymedia.com
- A pause for those who don’t know much about H-1B visas: Each year, the United States grants 65,000 H-1B visas, a type of visa which allows non-citizens of the United States to work in the country.
- For his part, Rajput is pursuing H-1B1 visas for his team: an H-1B1 visa is an allocation of the 65,000 visas set aside for the capped H-1B visa, only applicable to those coming from Singapore (which gets 5,400 visas) and Chile (which gets 1,400 visas) due to trade agreements with those nations.
- The company’s CEO also said the move to Boston will help amplify the company’s goal to pass a $1 billion valuation in 2023 and go public.
- After the program ends, Global EIR makes it possible for participants to stay up to two years longer in the country.
- Hailing from Yerevan, Armenia, Nigel Sharp joined Global EIR’s University of Colorado Boulder program in 2015 to work on his company which was struggling to raise additional venture capital from U.S. investors.
Read full article: news.crunchbase.com
- Byju’s has almost tripled its total revenue to Rs 1,430 crore for the year ended March 2019, reported Mint.
- The key factors behind this growth in revenue were deeper penetration across India and significant growth in the number of paid subscribers.
- It is estimating a revenue of over ₹3,000 crore by the end of this year, according to the Mint.
- The post Byju’s tripled FY19 revenues to Rs 1,430 cr, eyes Rs 3000 cr this year appeared first on The Indian Wire.
Read full article: theindianwire.com
- London-based startup Feebris, which is part of this year’s first Google for Startups Residency cohort, has raised £1.1 million in seed funding including a grant from Innovate UK and investment from 24 Haymarket.
- ” So, we’re developing an AI engine that pairs with off-the-shelf sensors, things like digital stethoscopes, pulse oximeters, and use our proprietary algorithms to identify different markers of disease and then link them to detection of a complication or a specific condition,” Naydenova explained at a recent event organised by Giant Health in London at the beginning of May.
- The initiative is led by Marta Krupinska, previously cofounder of fintech company Azimo and now head of Google for Startups UK.
Read full article: mobihealthnews.com
- The Indian startup ecosystem raised $148.1 million of equity funding across 17 deals in the last week of May, a strong pickup from the previous week’s $45.6 million.
- Eight of the total 17 deals this week were Pre-Series A , including two undisclosed.
- Delhi-based social travel platform Airblack raised $1.5 million in seed funding led by SAIF Partners.
- Mumbai-based @, a social media marketing startup, raised $330,000 through a consortium of marquee angel investors, including Shaadi.com founder Anupam Mittal .
- Lifelong Online, a Gurugram-based consumer durables startup, raised $5.7 million in its Series A round, led by Singapore-headquartered Tanglin Venture Partners .
Read full article: yourstory.com
- What sets it apart is not just the joy it brings to thousands of people by serving them homemade food every month, but the celebration of a community of more than 2000 passionate home chefs, from different walks of life.
- Till date, this network of 2000 home chefs or buddies has sold more than 250,000 meals reaching 20,000 households.
- When asked about how the startup is financially empowering these home chefs, Rachna shares that chefs who sell food regularly can make 25-30,000 a month.
- If this story inspired you, get in touch with Rachna on Foodybuddy’s website here or on Twitter @rachna19.
Read full article: thebetterindia.com
- Agara Labs , a startup applying Deep Learning to speech and text to automate customer support, has come out of stealth with pre-Series A funding of $2.5 million from Blume Ventures and RTP Global.
- It achieves this by training sophisticated Deep Learning models on over 10 million historical customer support queries and other proprietary data sources.
- The company’s flagship product, Sia, is a fully autonomous phone support agent which can directly field calls with customers and handle their problems just the way a human agent would.
- The company also operates BlueDot which is an autonomous email support agent.
- ” We intend to remove the dreaded experience of being put on hold as a customer,” said Abhimanyu, co-founder of Agara Labs.
Read full article: medium.com
- So, really, a mentor’s role is to help with unknown biases, blind spots, and gaping voids that are invisible to the founders.
- Once we did this, we were able to identify individual biases, blind spots, and ” unknown unknowns.
Read full article: qz.com