- MUMBAI: Startups in India have raised a record $3.9 billion from venture capitalists in the six months ended 30 June, as the world’s biggest investors doubled down on their bets in the country buoyed by the Flipkart-Walmart deal last year.
- The investments this year across 292 deals is a 44.4% jump from the $2.7 billion received by domestic startups in the first half of 2018, showed data from Venture Intelligence, a startup data tracker.
- The data defines venture capital investments as seed, or very early investments, to Series F deals in companies that are less than 10 years old.
- Mint reported on 2 June that startup funding has seen a late-stage boom, with more deals of $100 million or above in the first five months of this year than in the first half of the last two years.
Read full article: livemint.com
- If one goes by the two recent survey reports, the answers are affirmative and could be considered as a clear signpost for the policymakers and stakeholders to carry out corrective measures and tackle the problem, earnestly and at the earliest.
- The PLFS was obtained by considering the usual status (ps+ss), a controversial new method adopted in recent times, obtained by considering the usual principal status and the subsidiary status together.
- This is not implicating that the state government have been inert on both counts.
Read full article: morungexpress.com
- Actor Akshay Kumar has invested an undisclosed amount in wearable devices maker GOQii, participating in the company’s Series C funding round.
- He personifies the values that GOQii stands for and is a living example of what we advocate – exercise, eat healthy and rest well,” Vishal Gondal, founder and CEO of GOQii told The Economic Times.
- Health is not a short term goal and can be achieved by adopting a healthy lifestyle” Kumar said in a statement.
Read full article: moneycontrol.com
- A recent study said organic farming in India faces huge challenges in terms of cost of certification, lengthy procedures, international validity, and more
- The government is planning to make the certification and labeling process of organic agricultural products simpler and cost effective to narrow the price difference between conventional and hybrid products.
- ” The government is considering reducing the overall cost of agriculture products, including organic ones, to help farmers double their income by 2022,” Union Agriculture Minister Parshottam Rupala said on the sidelines of the New India Startup Conclave in Mumbai.
- India produced around 1.7 million tonnes of certified organic products including oilseeds, sugarcane, cereals, millets, spices, dry fruits, vegetables, coffee etc, with Madhya Pradesh emerging as the largest producer.
Read full article: business-standard.com
- We tell you how Amazon did it, in this story that looks at how the company, in its latest filings, reported a federal tax refund of $129 million, bringing down the company’s tax to negative 1.OYO is certainly going places and has made great inroads into the Chinese market.
- More and more Indian companies are eyeing new markets and making expansion plans.
- In a conversation with YourStory, Dailyhunt Founder and CEO Virendra Gupta talks about how he built his business, the opportunity of content for new India, and the new business models the company is exploring.
- Web show strives to offer a funding platform for Indian businesses Bengaluru-based Horses Stable features a group of hand-picked entrepreneurs, a panel of investors, and a winning pitch.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- The AI Recruiter, EU’s Smart Lampposts, Drone to Titan, Apple’s Smart Car & Shopping on Amazon with Crypto
- The Lawmakers in the U.S are now scrambling to criminalize the activity by introducing DEEPFAKES Accountability Act – D efending E ach and E very P erson from F alse
- The European Union’s Humble Lamppost Project intends to upgrade 10 million of the total 90 million lamp posts in Europe to solar-powered smart devices (pictured above) which can provide a range of smart city services like monitoring vehicle and pedestrian traffic flows, hosting a public WiFi network, transmitting public information on digital displays, monitoring air quality & streets for flooding, all via network 5G connected sensors.
- Singapore signed a $5.5 million recently to install these smart lampposts across the state while Australia, Bulgaria, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Poland, Portugal, UAE, UK and the United States are all in different stages of trialing or installing them.
Read full article: datadriveninvestor.com
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series is apparently set to launch on August 7 in New York.
- We have previously seen leaked renders showing off the design in full glory as well as leaked case renders.
- The bigger version will apparently be called Galaxy Note 10+, and not Galaxy Note 10 Pro as previously believed.
- Here is the first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ It’ll be called the Galaxy Note 10+ and not the Note 10 Pro as previous rumors have suggested.
Read full article: bgr.in
- Early stage investors are the financiers of the future – they are the reason why some of the most important companies in the world exist.
- India’s investment story also saw such a technology shift, however, it came out unscathed in contrast.
- Many factors are making this an exciting time for early stage investing.
- At the nexus of such tectonic shifts is where early stage investing thrives.
Read full article: economictimes.indiatimes.com
- In our Big Story of the month, we look back at Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s emphatic electoral win and how Modi is pushing India’s tech ambitions forward.
- After their momentous victory last month in the Lok Sabha elections, Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government has been busy making announcements in the tech sector.
- The BJP has been giving a great deal of importance to emerging tech and had, in fact, proposed various programmes and new developments in their Lok Sabha election manifesto or the Sankalp Patra.
- Sitharaman is expected to make the announcement in the Union Budget for 2019-20 which will include new policies around the extensive use of big data, AI and blockchain technology as means to enable the agriculture sector to get faster and accurate information about weather, prices and other variables.
- Most changes and recommendations by the committee will include AI, big data analytics, Blockchain and IoT among other emerging technologies.
Read full article: analyticsindiamag.com
- Under Amit Agarwal, India is today the ecommerce behemoth’s fastest-growing market, winning over customers and sellers in even the most remote corners of the country.
- In an exclusive and in-depth interaction with YourStory’s CEO & Founder Shradha Sharma, Amazon India Head Amit Agarwal talks at great length about Amazon India’s strategy to be the largest ecommerce player in the country.
- Ola and Uber asked to withdraw pool services in BengaluruThe Karnataka government has ordered both the companies to withdraw their pool services in Bengaluru.
- Bhavish Aggarwal, Co-founder and CEO, OlaWhy differential voting rights are a step in the right
Read full article: yourstory.com