- This week’s focus is on rising digital investments, mutual funds and savings platform Paytm Money.
- While conventional players in the game like ICICI Prudent, HDFC, Aditya Birla Sun Life etc have been in the game of mutual funds and investment market for a considerable amount of time, former Freecharge exec Pravin Jadhav, who also worked as chief growth officer at Servify for a short time in 2017, felt a huge untapped opportunity in the investment market.
- ” When you are investing in a mutual fund, advisors, distributors make huge money from your investments regardless of whether you make profits or not….
- That’s the reality for Paytm today, but when Paytm Money was being founded, out of a population of close to 1.4 Bn, only around 15 Mn people used to invest in mutual funds, at the time when Jadhav was speaking to Sharma.
- Further, the company is looking to enter the lending market too, where it could utilise customer investments and generate profits.
Read full article: inc42.com