- Chandigarh: In a first-of-its-kind initiative, the Punjab government on Thursday launched a job helpline to aid the unemployed job seekers of the state.
- Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh launched the Punjab job helpline as part of the state government’s flagship ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar’ programme, and described it as a platform to generate massive job opportunities to lakhs of job seekers across the state every year, while connecting them effectively with prospective employers.
- He emphasized the need to create synergies among the departments of Employment Generation and Training, Technical Education and Industries to create job opportunities for unemployed youth as per the emerging needs of the local industry in the state.
- During a brief presentation, the Chief Minister was apprised that through the Punjab Job Helpline, the government will identify jobseekers across the state, source vacancies from large corporates, SMEs, informal sector, and deliver suitable job opportunities directly to jobseekers.
Read full article: zeenews.india.com
- Despite court intervention and tireless activism, firecrackers continue to worsen the air quality in the country.
- Then during Diwali, we had projected an AQI of 300-350 in certain parts of the city and we saw it rise to almost 400AQI.
- Particulate matter itself was ranging at 250-350 in some areas.
Read full article: wionews.com
- Last year Hustlenomics won first place at the 2018 SAB Foundation Social Innovation Awards, walking away with R1.3-million in prize money for its solution (see this story).
- Kukula Solar (SEED Africa Award): Zambian startup Kukula Solar distributes solar products to low-income families through a rent-to-own model.
- The post SA social enterprise Hustlenomics among 2019 SEED Awards winners appeared first on Ventureburn.
Read full article: ventureburn.com
- Bumble will return as a sponsor of the Melbourne Cup Carnival next week, despite several major celebrities boycotting the event over animal cruelty concerns.
- The social app is once again hosting a marquee in the luxurious Birdcage area, and has invited several inspiring businesswomen to join in with the celebrations.
- The carnival, known as ” the race that stops the nation” , is one of the biggest sporting events in Australia.
Read full article: globaldatinginsights.com
- Legal-tech startup Lawyered raises $100K from angel investors .
- Delhi-based legal-tech startup Lawyered has raised angel funding of $100,000 from a clutch of investors, including Pramendra Tomar (Group General Counsel at Apollo International Limited), Ratish Pandey (ex-General Manager at Bose Corporation), Munish Bhatia (ex CSC and GM at IAC), and Sumit Aggarwal (Owner at Rainbows).
- The startup said that the fresh capital will enable Lawyered to strengthen its position in the legal-tech industry and deepen its customer relationships.
- Started in 2017, Lawyered is a legal-tech discovery platform, which helps companies, startups, business owners, and individuals seeking legal help to connect to a legal professional.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- The other four countries are United Kingdom (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency), Australia (Driver Knowledge Test), the United States and Canada (Department of Motor Vehicles, National Council Licensure Examination).
- Besides adding a new dimension to EduGorilla’s offerings, this initiative reaffirms our commitment to strengthen vocational education and is in line with our vision to become a one-stop solution for all examinations.
- Developed in-house, the test series comprises multiple choice questions encompassing both theory and practice examinations.
- EduGorilla had earlier launched bilingual apps which now cater to over 631 competitive examinations across various levels.
Read full article: livemint.com
- One young startup in particular – ByteDance – is a global front runner to becoming one of the top technology companies worldwide.
- While its short-form mobile video platform, TikTok, has become a global phenomenon, it also has region-specific market winning products such as Helo, the regional social media app that focuses on Indian users across the globe.
- In fact, it is quite common to see experienced long-timers working alongside interns or new joinees and both leading important projects.
- Devlina Padhye says, ” Everyone around here is energetic and open-minded.
- Adding an element of fun to the engaging work environment are the numerous employee engagement initiatives that are organised regularly, one such activity is ByteDance India Got Talent, the celebration diversity of cultures and talent.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- The two graduates, Gowtham S and Niveda R, who were classmates while doing B Tech in Fashion Technology and Apparel Technology, discovered Kanaf fabric has good absorption and natural anti-microbial properties while doing a project as part of their course.
- Also, we found sixty percent women aren’t happy with conventional pads with plastic feel, itching and odour,” said Niveda.
- The pad has seven layers including a layer of Kanef which acts as a good absorbent.
Read full article: ndtv.com
- Log 9 Materials has announced that it has secured $3.5 million in the latest Series A round of funding led by Exfinity Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital India.
- The technology used in the battery is similar to hydrogen fuel cells, and at the same time, it is safer and more economical, according to the company.
- It was reported earlier that the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) had issued guidelines for the import of secondary cells and lead-acid and nickel-based batteries used in solar project development.
- MNRE has now clarified that batteries of lead-acid or nickel-based chemistry type are covered under the Indian Standard (IS) 16270 for storage batteries that are used in solar projects.
Read full article: mercomindia.com
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal on Wednesday assured that startups would never be harassed and that the government was taking steps to promote them.” I assure you that startups will never be harassed.
- I think there is no harm in giving that information,” Goyal said.
- Protecting strategic and economic interests Goyal also released the High Level Advisory Group (HLAG) report on promoting exports and investments at a function organised by industry body CII.He assured that India would always protect its strategic and economic interests while engaging in multilateral talks.
- For electronics, it has suggested shifting from a tariff-based policy to an incentive-based policy for manufacturing, incentives based on certain specified criteria such as technology, manufacturing capacity, and employment generation.
Read full article: yourstory.com