- The Brief: Leveraging philanthropy, mobile money in India, impact startups in Miami, Mirova completes Althelia acquisition, New Zealand’s inflection point
- Many foundations are doing more intentional impact investing but too few are seizing the catalytic potential of their capital to mobilize private capital for public goods ( see, ” The supply of catalytic capital is bigger than expected.
- True Balance closes $23 million to expand mobile payments to rural India.
- The Gurgaon and Seoul-based startup launched in 2014 to help prepaid mobile customers in India check their cellular data usage and balance.
- Still, ” There’s high interest and demand for impact investments from all investor groups, spanning diverse asset classes and areas of impact,” said Simon O’Connor of the Responsible Investment Association Australasia .
Read full article: impactalpha.com