- Knox Financial, a Startup Simplifying the Process of Being a Landlord, Raised $3M from Greycroft and Pillar VC
- This brings the total raise to $4.4M since setting up shop in 2018.
- Knox has a creative acquisition strategy – they find people that are looking to move and convert their homes into investment properties, while taking over the management.
Read full article: medium.com
- The government should also consider lowering the rate of GST on eLearning and eLearning creation software to reduce the input cost of digital transformation projects, which are a key component of industry 4.0 initiatives.
- Reduction in GST rates in all FMCG items to a single bracket will lend policy certainty as well as manufacturing vision to the FMCG industry which will, in turn, will boost consumption and empower them to create more low skilled jobs and reduce the prices.
- For the private sector, we need to get infrastructure status from the government for healthcare with fast-track regulatory and approvals including tax rebates, subsidies and import duty reductions where Indian products are not available in the market.
- Some major expectations by the retailers from the Budget 2020 would be: Income support schemes to boost overall consumption, tax benefits to middle class to swing consumers, reduction of corporate tax to 25 percent and GST slab to be simplified.
- We are expecting a robust investment from public and private bodies, especially to help promote and strengthen emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, the internet of things, etc.
Read full article: firstpost.com
- Prof BS Murty, the new Director of Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, on Thursday, unveiled ” IIT Hyderabad’s Vision for 2024″ , which envisages enabling 40 companies at the Institute Research Park from the current five, and increasing startups incubated from the present 20 to more than 50 at its Incubation Centre.
- Addressing a press conference at the campus, Prof BS Murty said, ” A Research Park and an Incubation Cell spanning
- Further, the Institute also plans to launch Industry-supported MTech programmes in sectors such as e-waste management, cybersecurity, and advanced manufacturing.
- The institute has set a target of generating Rs 200 crore per year to fund Institute Research by 2024 through various sources.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- Uber is the most popular ridehailing service in the UK, but its continued presence in London has been threatened after the regulator declined to renew its license in the capital.
- Like Uber, Ola offers an easy-to-use app which lets passengers summon a private-hire cab at the click of a button.
- In November, Uber lost its license to operate in London after the regulator found drivers operating fraudulently on its platform.
Read full article: businessinsider.com
- iStock Changes in government policy have helped small players.
- Large enterprises are turning to small, niche startups offering specific cyber security services, rather than depend on multinationals who provide end-to-end solutions.
- Initially, most niche cyber security firms focused on offering a single product, or products within the same domain, but they soon realised that was not enough.
- However, given the fact that some of these firms are starting to provide similar, and often unique, products and services at lower cost, a shift to niche is certainly under way.
Read full article: economictimes.indiatimes.com
- Saurabh Saxena, Country Director – India, Micro Focus Innovation is increasingly becoming an important driver of business and economic growth.
- India has a large pool of talent and we see tremendous potential in the R&D space, especially when we talk about the IT industry – 30% of our product engineering is based out of India.
- In the Make in India concept, the government should focus on the local manufacturing and development of Indian product development and Indian software product companies
- The various initiatives like research, education and outreach projects help in addressing the challenges of urbanization and sustainability.
- A level playing field between retailers will see increased participation of MSMEs and aid in growth of small retailers in India
Read full article: expresscomputer.in
- The lack of an extensive charging infrastructure network, concerns over battery range, cost of batteries and the environmental impact of disposing lithium ion, lithium ferro phosphate or lead acid batteries have proven to be real bottlenecks.
- Addressing all these concerns, a Bengaluru-based nanotechnology company specialising in Graphene called Log 9 Materials have developed their own brand of aluminium fuel cells (AFCs) that offer five times the range than an average lithium ion battery can offer, costs 30 per cent cheaper, is easier to use and doesn’t require the hassle of constantly recharging it.
- Moreover, AFCs offer a range of above 1,000 Km unlike their lithium ion counterparts which have a maximum range of 250 Km.
- More importantly, this is a completely circular and recyclable energy source-aluminium hydroxide particles which are created by the reaction can be re-smelted back into aluminum using clean energy.
- Moreover, Log 9 fuel cells are expected to cost 30-40 per cent lower than their lithium ion counterparts.
Read full article: thebetterindia.com
- BRIDGEi2i is a trusted partner for enabling AI for Digital Enterprises by leveraging data engineering, advanced analytics, proprietary AI accelerators, and consulting expertise.
- BRIDGEi2i partners with enterprises to help them drive pan-enterprise ” Digital” initiatives; it specializes in asset-based consulting to solve complex business problems that deploy contextual solutions powered by its proprietary AI accelerators (WatchtowerTM, RecommenderTM, OptimizerTM, and ConverserTM) to enable wider consumption of insights and ensure faster and more accurate decision-making up to the last mile.
- As an AI consultancy, BRIDGEi2i focuses on delivering digital transformation outcomes for enterprises – improving operational effectiveness, enhancing customer experience, and enabling new digital business models.
- Today, BRIDGEi2i is uniquely positioned among its peers owing to its asset based consulting approach to Digital Transformation and its on a mission to make AI real for enterprises.
Read full article: analyticsinsight.net
- Prior to this, the company raised $3.3 million in its Pre-Series A in March 2019 in a round led by Surge, Sequoia Capital scale-up programme, Waterbridge Ventures, Omidyar Network India and AET, Japan.
- Doubtnut was founded in 2017 by IIT Delhi alumni and husband-wife duo Aditya Shankar and Tanushree Nagori.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- In August 2018, Kailasam, a reform and policy strategist, was appointed as the chief executive officer of IndiaTech.org, a think-tank that was conceived by Flipkart founder Sachin Bansal and Ola’s Aggarwal in September 2017 and initially made headlines for its seemingly protectionist stance.
- For example, if you take a furnished house on rent, you may have House Rent Allowance (HRA) factored into your salary.
- When you build a product, you may require a certain kind of manpower and as the journey progresses, you may require a different kind of manpower.
- Or when the company reboots from version 1 to version 2, you may see rejigs happening.
Read full article: qz.com