- Budget 2020-21: Startups want the government to provide with no capital-gain tax and no dividend.
- Startups in India are taking firm roots and their continued growth needs to be encouraged,” Sitharaman had said in her last year’s speech announcing tax proposals that are expected to continue this year as well.
- Direct listing on foreign exchanges – Startups want the government to provide with no capital-gain tax and no dividend, similar to Singapore, to enable companies funded by VCs to invest more in their R&D or founders to have a great incentive.
- Also, ” we hope the government allows Indian companies to be listed directly in foreign stock exchanges without having to necessarily get listed in the country.
- along with the company registration, that will help save time, efforts, and money considerably,” said Sandeep Aggarwal, Founder & CEO, Droom.
Read full article: financialexpress.com