- Driven by its global R&D team, enterprise software maker Oracle is aiming to catalyse the next wave of global innovation and co-development via its startup programme—Oracle Global Start-up Ecosystem.
- Disprz is an enterprise SaaS start-up in the learning and professional development space, says co-founder and CEO, Subramanian Viswanathan.
- With a mission to enhance the knowledge capital of the world through technology, Disprz has expanded its customer footprint, including leading brands in the Asian market across several sectors, such as Naspers (and all its portfolio companies), Mahindra , Bajaj Allianz, Motilal Oswal, Thomas Cook, Aakash Tutoring and Swiggy.
- Disprz was part of the Oracle Global Startup Ecosystem programme and integrates with Oracle HCM and Oracle Cloud, making it an ideal learning platform for enterprises that run on the Oracle Fusion platform.
- Recent key customers include Manndeshi Bank, Mhaswad, Maharashtra that uses FinX for loans disbursements/premium collections via the agent network; MaKash, Manappuram Finance, NBFC, Valappad, Kerala, offering mobile wallet via FinX suite.
Read full article: financialexpress.com
- There was a time when nobody would have dreamt of proposing an Italian TV series like Suburra to a Korean audience.
- Because before Netflix started producing local TV series, in their original language, there was only one perspective on the narcos stories: the American one.
- «And that was such a shame», says Greg Peters, Netflix chief product officer.
- « In the world of beautiful stories there are no borders, and a different point of view is what turns every experience in a discovery ».
Read full article: medium.com
- Naidu also said that as more and more people are coming into the banking fold, the tax rate will come down.
- Defending the Prime Minister’s controversial note ban decision of November 2016, the Vice President said the purpose of demonetisation has been achieved as the money that was kept under pillows and hidden in bathrooms has reached the banks.
- He, however, said that how much money (recovered after demonetisation drive) is official and how much money is not official, it is for the RBI and tax department to determine.
Read full article: financialexpress.com
- Unlike many of his colleagues in Congress, the Silicon Valley congressman was not in Iowa to test the waters for a White House run.
- On a recent Saturday night, Khanna, a progressive Democrat who was recently re-elected in the diverse, deep-blue California district where Apple, Intel and Yahoo have headquarters, joined tech leaders here in Jefferson, an Iowa town of 4,200 people.
- They gathered in the town’s History Boy Theatre to learn about an initiative that promises to bring high-paying tech and software design jobs to Jefferson.
- Rather than outsource tech jobs to India and China, he argues that companies should look to rural and small-town America.
- Next summer, Pillar plans to open an office in Jefferson that will employ as many as 30 full-time workers.
Read full article: theguardian.com
- When my close friend made a breakthrough in a paraphrasing model, enabling it to become state-of-the-art, I knew that I wanted to play a part.
- One time, we talked to a high school teacher who was really struggling to write recommendation letters for students.
- She mentioned to me that QuillBot was able to help her rewrite recommendation letters tailoring each one to their respective student with a unique voice.
- Basically, we want to be able to take any sentence and rewrite it in a particular style, tone, or reading level.
- In addition, we believe the QuillBot model will allow AIs to adopt many linguistic styles, enabling one AI to personalize the same communication to a diverse audience.
- Our technology can also be used to increase the proficiency of many AI systems like translation, which can also have lasting effects on the world by helping to bridge linguistic gaps across different groups of people.
Read full article: medium.com
- In the world of startups, capital efficiency refers to how much money a startup needs to spend in order to be able to sustain itself on internally generated funds.
- While that makes sense, it is not consistent with some billion-dollar startups, such as Rocket Internet, that were created in China, India, Germany and elsewhere over the last decade and were clones of startups like eBay, Amazon, Tinder, and Facebook.
- Too early and the market won’t buy; too late, and all the early adopters will already be using another startup’s products.
- Perhaps founders with a previous exit don’t need the network, knowledge and mentorship that accelerators offer.
Read full article: inc.com
- Bittrex cryptocurrency exchange was registered in the United States in 2014.
- Suppose that the BTC rate is $4,200, if this price suits the trader, he opens a market order and makes a deal at the current rate almost immediately.
- Advantages: Bittrex activity is officially regulated in the United States.
- Following the example set by AMF, the SEC filed a complaint and demanded to suspend the ICO.
Read full article: thecoinshark.net
- With a huge base of highly educated youth, willing to take an entrepreneurial risk, or rather at times compelled to take such risk for want of suitable jobs, together with a giant domestic market opportunity waiting to be exploited, India should ideally be brimming with prosperous start-up enterprises.
- With a support base of a formidable legal/banking/financial framework at least on paper, together with our dynamic homegrown talent, which is capable of interfacing with world markets.
- The Indian government recognizes the potential of our domestic start-ups, for our economic growth and for harnessing India’s deep and vibrant talent base, which for lack of opportunities at home, is often forced to emigrate overseas.
- The fact is that despite such raw dynamism and huge talent base, coupled with our giant domestic markets, investors have been a very cautious lot.
Read full article: hwnews.in
- New Delhi: Private equity investments witnessed a declining trend both in value and volume terms in November, with 39 deals worth around $500 million, says a report.
- According to the report released by Grant Thornton, PE deal tally from January to November was 717 and totalled $17.8 billion in valuation.
- The deal volume saw a four per cent increase over the same period a year ago, while the deal size of investments declined by nine per cent, as big ticket investments remained cautious.
- Sectorally, startup, banking and financial services, IT and ITES and e-commerce led the PE activity by capturing 90 per cent of the total deal size in November, the report said.
Read full article: newstodaynet.com
- Our food system is broken; it is unequal, unsustainable, unstable, and in need of transformation.
- International organizations, governments, businesses, entrepreneurs, and farmers all around the world are working towards cutting carbon emissions and waste, improving the nutritional value of food, innovating at the farming level and developing city-wide food policies.
- These local farming initiatives are revolutionizing the food market in France and India.
- The AMAP (Association pour le Maintien d’une Agriculture Paysanne) maintains and encourages small and local farming in France by creating a system based on the long-term partnership between a producer and a consumer.
Read full article: cleantechnica.com