- Payments gateway PayU has launched several innovative initiatives to help merchants, small and medium businesses and entrepreneurs amid Covid-19 lockdown.
- The company has set up Startups Helping Startups platform to enable emerging businesses to take help from each other in these challenging times.
- Beam Suntory India is partnering with the National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) to pledge INR 1 Cr to provide relief to thousands of staff of member restaurants and their families at this period of the lockdown.
- Marico has tied up with foodtech companies Swiggy and Zomato to deliver essential food items to consumers during the lockdown period.
- Rajasthan’s Frontier Markets has been granted permission to deliver across rural location through its assisted ecommerce platform that connects rural customers to high quality, life-improving products and services.
Read full article: inc42.com
- He added, No one can predict the damage caused by Covid-19 pandemic even though the world has survived past pandemics including spread of HIV, SARS and Anthrax.
- Similarly, the Zika outbreak that began in early 2015, slowed funding dramatically, but following the end of the WHO’s global Zika warning, deal and funding activity gained significant momentum.
- However, notes the report, since the earlier downturns that accompanied a major viral outbreak were followed by an eventual bounce back, the end of the current coronavirus outbreak could well notch up landmark deals or generate new funding highs.
- Geetika Dayal, Executive Director, TiE Delhi-NCR, says businesses across the globe, both start-ups and established companies are having a tough time.
Read full article: thehindubusinessline.com
- We approach CXOs and explained that F&B was the second-most important service provided by employers, after transport, Sandipan says.
- In September 2016, HungerBox claimed to have launched India’s first 100 percent digitalised cafeteria with FirstSource , a provider of business process outsourcing services.
- However, people, including stakeholders, wondered whether the model would work outside Bengaluru .
- Today, HungerBox is present in 24 cities, with two-thirds of its orders coming from outside Bengaluru.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- Food delivery giant Swiggy announced that it had set up a relief fund called Swiggy Hunger Saviour COVID Relief fund , which will be used to ensure the safety and welfare of its delivery partners and their families.
- Sriharsha Majety, Co-founder and CEO, Swiggy , has committed 50 percent of his annual salary towards this fund.
- Swiggy aims to raise Rs 10 crore for this fund , and has already raised over Rs 4 crore through initial contributions from Swiggy’s founders and employees.
- Amid the 21-day lockdown period to curb the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, Gurugram-based foodtech unicorn Zomato has entered the grocery delivery services with Zomato Market .
- On March 22, Paytm CEO and founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma announced Rs 5 crore for Indian innovators developing medical solutions related to coronavirus.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- How can we effectively mitigate the coronavirus’s spread and make our lives less complicated? Perhaps AI could solve some big pain points.
Read full article: yourstory.com
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been reviewing the countrywide preparedness regarding the availability of hospitals, proper isolation, and quarantine facilities as well as disease surveillance, testing and critical care training and also directed the concerned groups and officials to ensure sufficient production, procurement, and availability of all essential medical equipment such as PPEs, masks, gloves, and ventilators.
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had issued consolidated guidelines on the lockdown measures to be taken by Ministries/ Departments of Government of India, State/Union Territory Governments and State/ Union Territory Authorities for containment of COVID-19 epidemic in the country, on 24.03.2020 and further modified on 25.03.2020, 26.03.2020 and 02.04.2020.
- The Union Ministry for Home Affairs (MHA) had sent an advisory to all States regarding granting of an exception to Agricultural operations from lockdown restrictions to fight COVID-19 in India, keeping in mind the harvesting and sowing season.
- Shri Mansukh Mandaviya today held a meeting through Video Conference with the stakeholders of Ports including Port users, Courier and Cargo Services, Representatives of the Custom Brokers Associations from the various parts of the country, Logistic service providers and others to assess the challenges and concerns caused due to COVID-19 and lockdown in the country on the Port Operations.
- Minister of State Electronics & Information Technology, Communications and Human Resource Development
- Cause India’ and Ficci Ladies Organization Pune’ and supported by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India (MEITY).
Read full article: odishatv.in
- Companies see work-from-home as a viable long-term option if regulatory issues can be addressed
- The way companies trained and managed the workforce will change but how will they handle sensitive client work remains to be seen.
- Atul Shinghal, founder and CEO of fintech startup Scripbox, says the Covid-19 situation has made companies more accustomed to remote working.
Read full article: economictimes.indiatimes.com
- An analysis by The New York Times found 153 Instagram accounts, dozens of Twitter accounts and private chats, and several active message boards on Reddit and 4Chan where thousands of people had gathered to organize Zoom harassment campaigns… meetings.https://www.nytimes.com/ …
- Meetings on Zoom are encrypted using an algorithm with serious, well-known weaknesses, and sometimes using keys issued by servers in China, even when meeting participants are all in North America, according to researchers at the University of Toronto https://theintercept.com/…
- Interesting research from Citizen Lab on Zoom – it raises concerns about Chinese end of the company – during multiple test calls in North America, we observed keys for encrypting and decrypting meetings transmitted to servers in Beijing, China’ https://citizenlab.ca/…
- Telecoms engineers are facing verbal and physical threats as baseless conspiracy theories link coronavirus to the roll-out of 5G technology Mobile phone equipment is destroyed, including towers that maintain vital mobile phone and broadband networks https://www.theguardian.com/ …
- Today we are publishing an early release of our COVID-19 Community Mobility Reports to help provide insights into what has changed in response to work from home, shelter in place, and other policies aimed at flattening the curve of this pandemic https://www.blog.google/… https://twitter.com/…
- We’ve published an early release of our #COVID19 Community Mobility Reports in 130+ countries which provide insights that could help public health officials understand the impact of response strategies such as social distancing: http://google.com/… https://blog.google/…
Read full article: techmeme.com
- Under DPIIT, Startup India has invited applications from startups to build a series of innovative solutions.
- Besides INR 15000 Cr for the healthcare support, finance minister Nirmala SItharaman has also announced INR 1.70 Lakh Relief package which aims to provide some economic/immediate relief to the around 80 Cr Indian residents.
- The package includes the funding Insurance cover of INR 50 Lakh per health worker fighting COVID-19 to be provided under Insurance Scheme 80 crore poor people will to get 5 kg wheat or rice and
- An ex-gratia of INR 1,000 to 3 crore poor senior citizen, poor widows and poor disabled Government to front-load INR 2,000 paid to farmers in first week of April under existing PM Kisan Yojana to benefit 8.7 crore farmers Central Government has given orders to State Governments to use Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund to provide relief to Construction Workers
- While the PM National Relief Fund has already been in place, to fight against Covid-19 pandemic, Modi has set up a separate relief fund named Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES Fund) and appealed to everyone to donate to the fund.
Read full article: inc42.com
- F or the past five years, iDream education, a Gurugram-based social edtech startup, has been facilitating offline access to local language digital learning content for government schools via their tablet-based smart ICT lab solution.
- However, with the rapid increase of smartphone and internet penetration in India, especially in rural areas, what they observed was that enjoyable digital content in local languages in an easy-to-consume format delivered on these smartphones is a powerful way of transforming last-mile learning in India.
- Recognising an urgent need to facilitate access to an in-home digital education supplement for students from humble backgrounds learning in the vernacular, iDream education decided to do something.
- As ecosystem enablers, we must think of ways to engage these children positively and enable them to continue their learning and skill development even in these difficult and stressful times, says Rohit Prakash, the co-founder of iDream education, speaking to The Better India .
- Some are even asking students to watch a particular lesson in alignment with their academic plans, says Puneet Goyal, co-founder of iDream education, speaking to The Better India.
Read full article: thebetterindia.com