- Last-minute moon mission glitch sets India back in global space race
- The scheduled landing on Sept. 6 would have added India to an elite club of the former Soviet Union, the US and China in making a soft landing on the moon, in which vehicles touch down without damage
- It may take several months for India to be able to attempt a launch again, said Susmita Mohanty, co-founder and chief executive officer of Earth2Orbit, a Bangalore-based space startup that has worked with Alphabet Inc.’s Google and ISRO.
Read full article: business-standard.com
- The government is now celebrating four years of Skill India Mission coinciding with the World Youth Skills Day, and has announced that 1 Cr youth are being enrolled under the initiative on a yearly basis.
- Thanks to Skill India, 4.45 Lakh trainees have been given apprenticeship training every year, according to the government’s announcement today (July 15) on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day.
- R.K Singh, minister of state, power, new and renewable energy, and minister of state, skills and entrepreneurship development said the employability factor for Skill India graduates has reached 50%.
- At today’s Skill India Mission event, the government announced that it has added 271 Jan Shikshan Sansthan centres for skill training across 27 states and 2 union territories.
Read full article: inc42.com
- 1. NeoGrowth:
- 2. EpayLater:
- 3. RupeeCircle
- 4. Indifi
- 5. Zip Loan:
Read full article: techiexpert.com
- Here are some of the tips every new-born AI company should consider when they are trying to grow in the hyped-up AI market.
- One of the best ways is to reach out to potential clients or customers and ask them to use your AI offering and let you know how well or bad it works.
- You cannot expect to mint money from your offerings right from the get-go – you have to let clients use it and let you know whether your offering actually does what it claims.
- You can always conduct tech talks at your firm and invite folks from other industries to attend.
Read full article: analyticsindiamag.com
- A Philadelphia online sports-betting firm, Sporttrade , and companies from the Ukraine, Canada and India are among a small group of firms participating in Comcast Corp.’s 13-week startup incubator program at the 60-story Comcast tower.
- Sporttrade’s blog says its app is a ” mobile marketplace where people trade sports predictions.
- The Kambi Group , a European company with a platform for sportsbooks at SugarHouse, Parx, and Rivers Casinos in Pennsylvania, and DraftKings and PlaySugarhouse.com in New Jersey, has opened its U.S. headquarters in Philadelphia.
- Orai has developed a speech-coaching app based on Toastmasters International public-speaking skills.
Read full article: inquirer.com
- Elon Musk’s most private company, Neuralink, has scheduled an event for the 16th of July.
- The purpose of the company is to create a high-bandwidth, low-latency interconnect between the human brain and various computer applications.
- As mentioned previously, the one biggest source of information was the article authored by Tim Urban.
- The machine shop would be for ” electrical, chemical, mechanical, and machines engineer” , along with devices for 3D printing and CNC milling.
- Here’s What You Can Expect From Elon Musk’s Neuralink Event Tomorrow
Read full article: analyticsindiamag.com
- Fusion energy startups see renewables leaving a gap in power market Countries with limited space and poor solar conditions like the UK, as well as places with rapidly expanding power grids like India are ideally suited for fusion.
- That’s the conclusion of study commissioned by First Light Fusion Ltd., the British startup that’s building a machine to mimic the power that makes stars shine.
- ” We need to continue building renewables at the maximum possible rate, but if we’re going to solve the problem we need new technologies,” First Light co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Nicholas Hawker said in an interview.
- That electricity gap that needs to be filled is the target of First Light, as well as competing fusion startups being funded by Jeff Bezos , Bill Gates and Peter Thiel .
Read full article: energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com
- The turnout at the Deshpande Foundation’s Sandbox Startups in Hubballi, with 200 attendees coming from nearby districts in Karnataka, Maharashtra and Telangana, was double the usual number of attendees at Alexathons held in other cities.
- ” A lot of engineering talent from north Karnataka migrated to Pune or Bengaluru because of lack of opportunities,” says Aravind Melligiri, founder and chairman of Aequs, an aerospace components manufacturer headquartered in Houston, United States, which set up a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Belagavi in 2010 for an aerospace manufacturing hub.
- By 2009, as swathes of engineering and R&D services shops from India tapped into the IT opportunity, Melligiri wanted to move Quest to a higher level in the aerospace value-chain by manufacturing parts.
- If Melligiri envisaged the SEZ-oriented hub, and the foundries are using a common testing facility, Hubballi has the Sandbox Startups Incubation Center (SSIC), the brainchild of Gururaj Deshpande.
Read full article: forbesindia.com
- Avenue Growth , the Gurgaon-based startup, has put another jewel in its crown.
- The company has collaborated with Bollywood superstar Mr. Sanjay Dutt.
- Steadfast for a revolution in Start-ups growth, Bollywood’s Munnabhai association with this Gurgaon startup will re-invent the employment practices in our country and beyond.
- With this instinct, Mr. Sanjay Dutt has now put his faith and aligned with this budding startup, which has the potential to change India’s position globally as an employment provider and not as an employment seeker.
Read full article: indianweb2.com
- year 2020-21 and will permit only emerging fields like Artificial Intelligence and Block chain, Lok Sabha was informed on Monday.
- In a bid to bridge the gap between industry requirements and courses imparted at engineering institutes, the AICTE has initiated several steps, including compulsory internship for students.
- Shashi Tharoor (Cong) claimed there is a mismatch between demands of the industry and courses being imparted.
Read full article: dailyexcelsior.com